Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Science Project

1.Problem-find out if a bean grows better with water or another liquid (coke).
2.Background Knowledge-Plants require water, sunlight, and co2.
3.Hypothesis-the plant will grow better with the water.
4.Materials-2 small cups, water, coke, 2 great northern beans
5.Method
6.Experiment-Feed bean water and coke the same amount everyday
7.Collect Data
8.Conclusion- neither of my plants grew.
9.Questions for Extensions- If coke didn't make the plant grow what will?

3 comments:

  1. hey Nathen its Wesley and I think that your science project sounds like fun and you gave details. good job

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nathan,
    I am a student at the University of South Alabama. I am taking EDM310 in Dr. Strange's class. I really enjoyed reading your data about the bean plants. I wonder why the plant with the water did not grow. I remember when I was your age and grew a bean plant! I also grew a potato plant! I hope you have a great school year!!
    Thank you,
    Jessica Walker

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Nathan,
    My name is Mallory. I am a student in edm310 this semester at the University of South Alabama. I enjoyed reading your post on your science project. I see that your learning about the scientific method. That's great. Maybe one day when I have my own classroom I can teach your science project to my students. I hope you are having a good year in school. Keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete